Tuesday 14 March 2023

Six important things you need to service your car

 What I am sharing here is based on my experience owning the same kind of vehicle for over 10 years.



I own my second Honda CRV RD1 for three years now.

It's a second hand vehicle I bought from a seller at 5 Mile Jack Pidik Park.


The car helps my family and I move around Port Moresby, go shopping, go to work and do school drop offs and pick up.


Few times I have travelled to Kwikila Market in Rigo, visited Gaire's  Black beach and travelled to Sogeri's Variarata National Park.

The car has given me little challenges.

Most times when I encounter a mechanical challenge I also consult my friend #Youtube 

What I do every three months is

1. change oil by putting in new four litres engine oil

2.  change three litres gear oil (ATF)

3.  change oil filter

4. change fuel filter

5. change four spark plugs

6. change air filter 

These are critical things I do every three months but my lower arm and upper arm bushings are replaced as they wear and tear.


So as the tubeless tyres.

The cost of the six tasks above can cost less than K500 which should include the labour cost for the mechanic.

Honda CRV parts are readily available and affordable  in Port Moresby.



The most expensive part would be the radiator and new fans.

All others should cost much less.

For those who have overheating problems.

Don't listen to mechanics who advise you to clean or blow your radiator, or change the head casket.

These are waste of time and money.

Buy a new radiator and fans, get the mechanic to install them and tell the mechanic to remove the thermostat in your car.


The thermostat is best used if you live in temperate or cold climates.

You can thank me later that you will never face over heating problems again and you can run your aircon for as long as you want.

Enjoy driving, look after your car and it will look after you.

There are transport challenges and issues in Port Moresby so owning a car is not a want but a need.

Own something you honestly earn to help you live within your means.

Stay safe and be blessed.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Criteria for pap smear