Wednesday 5 June 2019

Prime Minister to make state of nation address


Prime Minister James Marape's first full work week began on Monday.

He has indeed wasted no time already getting the ball rolling.

With much accolades and calls or criticisms for his latest decisions, he’s set the queue engaging with his people directly on social media Facebook.

Previous Prime Ministers have not done that and most social media users hope Marape's communications would last during his term.

Marape has clarified from the outset since being sworn in, he would be communicating with people making announcements but may not answer directly on any query.

Yesterday morning he said consultations are taking place to gauze collective views on what must be done as far as development is concerned in all corners of the country.
He was frank: "I am not here to make too many friends, I am here for a job no matter how short a time it may be , politicians or public servants or companies tell me how we can make PNG a truly black Christian country in 10 years and you are in my team."
Marape has until 2022 before the next general elections when he goes to the polls to seek mandate again to be Prime Minister.

"If you are a real friend then you will trust my judgments because I am seeing into the future and not for short term gain, I want country to be economically healthy for all of us now and our children of the future."

Marape concluded: "Some rules for everyone, don't praise me too much, don't ask me too much, I go to church not because I am a saint but I am a sinner to keep my great church out of my job."

As an Adventist he clarified and sets out the soft skills he reqiures:" I will do no jobs from Friday to sunset Saturday, don't offer me or any of my associates favours, I will (be) punctual so I expect all to be punctual and let us play be the rules of the land."

He said he would make a state of nation address today before the Australian State of Origin rugby league games between rival states-Queensland and New South Wales.

A sporting fixture that is so popularly watched in Papua New Guinea, a country that rugby league is regarded as the national sport and a uniting force.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Criteria for pap smear